Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ … Isaiah 41:10Samuel Kojo Amoakohene, M.D. is a Board-certified anesthesiologist practicing in the state of Connecticut. Dr. Amoakohene earned his undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Science in Biology at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA. He earned his Doctorate of Medicine from Virginia Commonwealth School of Medicine/Medical College of Virginia.
Awards and Recognition.
• Best Anesthesiologist Award, Class of 2018, Tufts-Maine Medical Center.
• 2020 – Present. Co-Founder, President-Global Partnerships, Halodine LLC, Miami, Florida.
• 2020 - Covid-19 ICU Response Team Leader, ECHN Health Network, Manchester Connecticut.
• 2019-Present – Anesthesiologist. Anesthesia Associates of Willimantic.
• 2019 – Regional Anesthesia Team Leader. Meriden-Wallingford Anesthesia Group, Meriden Connecticut .
• 2018-2019 - Anesthesiologist. Yale-New Haven Health System, Lawrence Memorial Hospital, New London, Connecticut.
• 2014 – 2018 - Anesthesia resident. Maine Medical Center, Dept. of Anesthesiology, Portland Maine.
• 2014 – Biology Instructor. Virginia Union University, Richmond, VA.
Halodine LLC, Miami, Florida. Co-Founder, President-Global Partnerships, May 2020-Present.
• The lead physician in the application of dilute povidone-iodine (nasal and oral antisepsis) as an adjunct to masks/gloves/respirators/PPE as part of a comprehensive viral transmission-reduction strategy.
• Initiated chemical analyses of an existing antivirals (PVP-I) and helped lead the effort to modify compounds into convenient, safe, effective unit-dose applications to help healthcare workers in preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19.
• Developed a comprehensive antisepsis program for Ghana in order to assist with 2020 parliamentary and presidential elections.
• Revolutionized the approach to PPE/antisepsis and extended this idea to move from protecting healthcare workers to protecting the global community.
• Member of the Open-Heart Surgery Team. Samaritan’s Purse International Relief/Maine Medical Center, Tenwek, Kenya May 2017.
• Congenital Cardiac Defects Surgery: TOF, VSD, PDA, pulmonary atresia, rheumatic heart disease.
• Pre-op, Intra-op and post-op Management.
• CEO and a founder of the charitable organization, At Your Mercy Foundation.
Publications and Abstracts
Pelletier JS, Amoakohene SK, Nicholls. C. Chemical Consideration Related to The Dilution of Commercial 10% Povidone-Iodine for Use in The COVID-19 Pandemic. Paripex - Indian Journal of Research. 2020; Vol.9.
Chien FY, Amoakohene SK, Stewart K. Tolerability of Halodine Oral and Nasal Antiseptics as Part of a SARS-CoV-2 Transmission Reduction Strategy. Paripex - Indian Journal of Research. 2021; Vol.10.
As an Editorial Board Member at The Doctor Weighs In, Dr. Amoakohene medically reviews articles received for publication.