Cecily D. Havert, M.D. holds a Bachelor of Science degree in medical microbiology and bacteriology from University of Wisconsin-Madison. She earned her Doctor of Medicine from the Medical College of Wisconsin and completed her residency in family medicine at Fairfax Family Practice-VCU.
She is a physician at Northern Virginia Family Practice Associates (NVFP), a family medicine practice that offers full-service concierge health care in the Northern Virginia area. With an impressive background in preventive health care, mental health support and outpatient medicine, Dr. Havert specializes in women’s health with an emphasis on the LGBTQ+ community.
Prior to joining NVFP, Dr. Havert served as a physician at General Internal Medicine Group and Springfield Family Medicine.
She has a passion for nurturing patients’ emotional and mental health needs, with a goal of providing the utmost in quality, personalized medical care and a safe environment for all.
Awards and Recognitions
• Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctor Award for four years,
• Washington D.C.’s 2012 Top-Rated Primary Care Doctor Award.
• Regularly contributes to The Second Half Podcast, which shares people’s stories about the challenges and joys they experience, especially in the second half of life.
• Advocate for the National Research Center for Women and Families,
• Remains active in shaping healthcare policy on behalf of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Dr. Havert has extensive experience in healthcare policy and communication, public speaking and education. She trains future medical professionals as a clinical assistant professor of family medicine at Georgetown University, and she also speaks about major public health issues such as anxiety, menopause, women’s cardiovascular health and the COVID-19 pandemic.
In her spare time, Dr. Havert enjoys playing tennis, hiking, painting and traveling. She currently lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with her college sweetheart, two sons, and a menagerie of pets: two cats, two bearded dragon lizards, and a dog.