Post Tagged with: "Social Media"
Online information (from the Patient Power website) seemed to be really very helpful for patients in discussing their health with a doctor. 47.4% of patients were very likely and 37.5% were somewhat likely to discuss their online findings with their doctor. It was very interesting to note the results of these discussions.Read More...
Health Finance News has a great list of reasons for the decline in hospital inpatient volumes and most of these are indicative of what we will also see in the future. Hospital administration has entered a whole new world and its leaders will need to be truly innovative and creative in order to survive.Read More...
I recently spoke with Theresa Defino, editor of AIS Health’s Report on Patient Privacy about the limits of social media “research” by or on behalf of health care providers. The impetus for this piece was a post written by Art Caplan about apatient being taken off the liver transplant list when social media posts including photos of the patient drinking alcohol came to the attention of the transplant team.Read More...
Social technologies are quickly finding their way into care and coordination processes across the entire continuum of health and wellness activities. Earlier today I explored my thoughts about the integration of social media and underlying digital technologies into a healthcare organization’s communication and patient engagement strategy.Read More...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
TDWI Radio Show
- The Value of Kindness in Healthcare 68 comments
- Why is there so much hostility toward the patient experience? 66 comments
- Nano Silver, Ebola, & Dr. Rima's Truth 66 comments
- Interview with Eric Topol: Do Docs & Patients See Eye-to-Eye? 61 comments
- Health IT, Necessary but Not Sufficient - A HiMSS14 Interview with Farzad 42 comments
- Experts by Experience: Patients Talk About What Worked & What Didn’t 40 comments
- Can Virtual Humans Help Change Behavior? 39 comments
- The Best (and Worst) of #OzsInBox 39 comments
- Six Things for Health Entrepreneurs and (One Shameless Plug) from Geoff Clapp 37 comments
- Cyrcadia Health: A Wearable, Social Breast Cancer Screening Bra 35 comments
- A Doctor Mom's Kids' Book: "My Doctor And Me ABC" http://t.co/Tc1BcFoC63 @stephaniecoxMD 5 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There are so many things to be thankful for--most of all family & friends - and all our dogs & the cat. Nov 27, 2014
- Health Care Law Recasts Insurers as Obama Allies http://t.co/h4QGT24PMx Nov 27, 2014
- “Deny and defend” has become an indefensible approach to medical error via @Paulflevy http://t.co/fVxlkYxIQU Nov 27, 2014
- Coaching in Medicine http://t.co/DuVJst4xHc Nov 27, 2014
- Google’s Efforts in Healthcare | Smart Phone Health Care http://t.co/QiazzUagZy Nov 27, 2014
- Why World Toilet Day Should Matter To You http://t.co/G8wZ77YDas Nov 27, 2014
- Infographic: Recent Trends in Employer-Sponsored Insurance http://t.co/qruYArw5ix Nov 26, 2014
- RT @drapin: Best wishes for an incredible return to health @scotusginsburg we love you and respect you @Docweighsin @2healthguru @efuturist… Nov 26, 2014
- Boston, Big Data & Healthcare Analytics Forum http://t.co/3fTQLxL8Tu Nov 26, 2014