Post Tagged with: "Social Media"
We must be mindful of the legal implications of what we say and do online and must be mindful of patient confidentiality issues as well as standards for professional conduct. Medical boards across the country have developed guidelines for physicians on social media and academic papers have been published on the subject in the Annals of Internal Medicine. Now, even the nation’s highest court is venturing into the regulation of social media and the intricacies and legal implications of both the subjective and objective interpretation of online posts.Read More...
Online information (from the Patient Power website) seemed to be really very helpful for patients in discussing their health with a doctor. 47.4% of patients were very likely and 37.5% were somewhat likely to discuss their online findings with their doctor. It was very interesting to note the results of these discussions.Read More...
Health Finance News has a great list of reasons for the decline in hospital inpatient volumes and most of these are indicative of what we will also see in the future. Hospital administration has entered a whole new world and its leaders will need to be truly innovative and creative in order to survive.Read More...
Sign up for our newsletter & get your daily TDWI tidbit delivered fresh to your inbox!
TDWI Radio Show
- Are ACA's Free Checkups Good Public Policy? 55 comments
- Pfizer and mHealth 51 comments
- Medical Blockbuster Book of the Year: The Patient Will See You Now 45 comments
- The High Cost of Getting Old (Infographic) 45 comments
- Harry Reynolds, IBM: What Makes a Good Healthcare App? 36 comments
- mHealth Apps to Monitor Recently Discharged Patients 33 comments
- A Conversation with Amir Dan Rubin, CEO of Stanford Health Care 30 comments
- Improving Mental Health via the Big White Wall 29 comments
- The individuals suing to overturn Obamacare via @Paduda http://t.co/ulSxmZiTWC 8 hours ago
- Gender Disparities in Health Care http://t.co/2tReCrjGRj 9 hours ago
- 800,000 http://t.co/vTUg2LIsbT users received wrong tax information http://t.co/mjnEQIuUyr #obamacare 10 hours ago
- mHealth Apps to Monitor Recently Discharged Patients http://t.co/mW1FvXnuQu #healthapps 13 hours ago
- New Approach to Blocking H.I.V. Raises Hopes for an AIDS Vaccine http://t.co/zQopOIHsWN 15 hours ago
- Blood on the Sidewalk - http://t.co/aJszUFRU7n 16 hours ago
- Sperm counts in the privacy of your own home? (Video Interview) #PMWC #Innovation http://t.co/oCdrYTaR8O http://t.co/hx98qfeEey 17 hours ago