Post Tagged with: "Social Media"
We must be mindful of the legal implications of what we say and do online and must be mindful of patient confidentiality issues as well as standards for professional conduct. Medical boards across the country have developed guidelines for physicians on social media and academic papers have been published on the subject in the Annals of Internal Medicine. Now, even the nation’s highest court is venturing into the regulation of social media and the intricacies and legal implications of both the subjective and objective interpretation of online posts.Read More...
Online information (from the Patient Power website) seemed to be really very helpful for patients in discussing their health with a doctor. 47.4% of patients were very likely and 37.5% were somewhat likely to discuss their online findings with their doctor. It was very interesting to note the results of these discussions.Read More...
Health Finance News has a great list of reasons for the decline in hospital inpatient volumes and most of these are indicative of what we will also see in the future. Hospital administration has entered a whole new world and its leaders will need to be truly innovative and creative in order to survive.Read More...
Sign up for The Doctor Weighs In email updates
TDWI Radio Show
- Pfizer and mHealth 63 comments
- Are ACA's Free Checkups Good Public Policy? 60 comments
- The High Cost of Getting Old (Infographic) 58 comments
- Harry Reynolds, IBM: What Makes a Good Healthcare App? 56 comments
- Medical Blockbuster Book of the Year: The Patient Will See You Now 52 comments
- mHealth Apps to Monitor Recently Discharged Patients 49 comments
- Five Accelerants to the Adoption of Connected Health 32 comments
- A Conversation with Amir Dan Rubin, CEO of Stanford Health Care 30 comments
- Meaningful Use Stage 3: The Buzz About APIs http://t.co/d494CV70UM 43 mins ago
- Dr. David Rhew's Journey from ID Doc to Samsung CMO http://t.co/S9UY4iPJaP 3 hours ago
- ProPublica's slanted "reporting" is a public disservice via @paduda http://t.co/lA1sSTG6eV 12 hours ago
- Health Policy Insights from the Medical Home Summit http://t.co/JuzgPZma1b 12 hours ago